Thursday, 14 June 2012
General Knowledge #29
This round featured at TGS Bar Wars 14th March 2010
1. Which transnational company was founded in 1943 by the Swedish multi-
billionaire Ingvar Kamprad?
2. What is the name of Tony and Cherrie Blair’s youngest child?
3. Who said “I’ve learned not to put things in my mouth that are bad for me”?
Was it A. Vanessa Feltz B. Fern Britton C. Monica Lewinsky?
4. Which insurance company employed Michael Winner to advertise their
products on TV in the mid-00s?
5. According to recent research 80% of the world’s population wear shoes made
in which country?
6. A squab is the name given to the young of which bird?
7. Brimstone is the ancient name for which chemical element?
8. Other than sugar and eggs what is the main ingredient of marzipan?
9. As of 2012 Which important world office is held by the South Korean Ban Ki-Moon?
10. All British registered ocean liners carry the prefix RMS. What do these initials
11. At which London landmark would you find Traitor’s Gate?
12. Who are the only mother and daughter to win the BBC Sports Personality of
the Year award? (Separate years)
13. Poseidon was the Greek God of the sea. What was the name of his Roman
14. Who is the celebrity mother of Harvey and Junior?
15. What is the surname of Gavin & Stacey in the comedy series?
3. C. Monica Lewinsky
9. UN Secretary General
10. Royal Mail Ship
11. Tower Of London
12. Princess Anne & Zara Phillips (1971/2006)
14. Jordan (Katie Price)